The Lauder-Reut Educational Complex, Romania (Hebrew "reut" = "friendship") is a part of a generous educational project, initiated in the 80’s and supported by the Ronald S. Lauder Foundation in 15 other European countries, founded by the renown businessman and philanthropist, former US Ambassador to Vienna, Mr. Ronald S. Lauder.
Established in 1997, the Lauder Reut School Complex carries the mission stated by the international Ronald S. Lauder Foundation, to revive and preserve the Jewish culture and Hebrew language in the European Diaspora, devastated by Holocaust and the Communist regime.
The complex, as well as the other 50 similar educational institutions, has been rapidly developing on the multicultural background, with a bilingual educational offer (Romanian-English), under the authorization of the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research.
Now Lauder-Reut hosts over 400 students in the kindergarten, lower and middle school, and it has become one of the elite private schools in Romania, which have developed as a successful alternative to the public schools in the country.
In the school year 2006-2007, The Lauder-Reut High School opened with a theoretic profile (arts and science) and an extra school offer of business, media and diplomacy.
1. Strive for excellence
2. Multicultural education
3. Individual valuing and development
4. Opportunities for everyone
5. Involvement in community
6. Creative partnerships
1. AN EXCEPTIONAL ACADEMIC PROFILE
- we combine the national curriculum for the theoretic profile, with the requirements of the most appreciated professions and academic orientations worldwide;
- the bilingual program is adapted to both high school profiles: science studies (Mathematics - Informatics) and humanist disciplines;
- our students are educated in conformity with the national curriculum and with a goal to obtain a Baccalaureate diploma;
- our students are prepared through accelerated learning / gifted education programs; our students attend school competitions/Olympics;
- our school offers additional training programs for SAT, IELTS, and TOEFL certificates, required by foreign universities.
2. AN ATTENTIVE PRAGMATIC ORIENTATION
- the school's curriculum contains practical training for professions like business administration, media/advertising, diplomacy;
- our students benefit from visits of local and international leaders, as well as from English and Hebrew speakers.
3. PARTNERSHIPS TO SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS
- our school operates in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Research;
- our school operates in partnerships with organizations and universities from the US, UK, Israel; practices study trips and student exchange programs;
- our school organizes experience exchange programs with other school, organizes academic and sportive competitions, is involved in charity and volunteer programs;
- these activities contribute significantly to our students' development;
4. A CAREFUL PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PEDAGOGICAL CONSULTATION
- our children benefit from a complete program of psycho-pedagogical counseling and professional orientation;
- leading to their graduation, our students will draw up a complete, competitive CV, properly adapted to the requirements for scholarships by foreign universities (academic results, community activities, leadership programs and experience exchange);
- our timetable includes prolonged hours for individual study, development, and training programs depending on the students’ choices.
5. COMPETENT TEACHING STAFF
- our teachers take continuous training courses, obtain authorized degrees in teaching and follow Master’s and Doctorate programs;
- our teaching staff is composed of native English and Hebrew teachers, as well as of Romanian teachers with authorized linguistic competencies.
6. EXCELLENT FACILITIES
- our school complex offers generous space for laboratories, library, entertainment & sport activities, club & extra-curricular activities, dining.
7. NON-STOP GUARD & SECURITY/DINING PROGRAM - MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- the daily program includes breakfast and lunch plus two snacks, a recreation program, permanent medical assistance, non-stop protection plus monitoring of the building, yard, floors and classrooms.
8. FIRM DISCIPLINE POLICY AND RIGOUR, IN AN OPEN ENVIRONMENT - PARENTS AND STUDENTS, OUR DIRECT PARTNERS IN EDUCATION
- our discipline policy is firm, adapted through rapidly changing realities, as well as to the potential risks that students are exposed to;
- our recipe for successful discipline rules (a close, harmonious relationship between teachers and students, based on mutual respect and appreciation, absence of truancy cases, elimination of potential risks of aggressive behavior, smoking, alcohol/drug consumption etc) is equally based on the direct partnership between students and families, on one hand, and our teaching and support staff, on the other.